Shipping bulk hardware via freight

Jason 86 at tacorp.us
Wed Nov 5 18:02:08 UTC 2014

I'm interested in talking with someone who has experience shipping hardware that has been pulled from a working environment.  The assumption is that it would not use a normal carriers such as UPS of Fedex, but via private freight.

Assuming that 20 x 1U switches and a handful of 10U chassis's were to be shipped, has anyone found a productive way to package them in something other than the boxes they come in?  Has anyone tried to crate / pallet pack them or something more efficient?

If so, please contact me offline if you are willing to share your experience.

Jason