First ISP-hosted "transparent" test-IPv6.com mirror

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Tue May 20 01:28:58 UTC 2014

> Love the service that you guys have. I use it as part of training helpdesk agents as well as field techs. My ISP wants to set up a transparent mirror, and I encourage other to do so as well.

Awesome. If you're not familiar with it already, be sure to try
"helpdesk.test-ipv6.com" or "test-ipv6.com/helpdesk".  There's also a
document floating around that we're encouraging people to contribute
to, specifically to be used by help desks, if you're interested.
https://git.steffann.nl/go6/ipv6-troubleshooting-for-helpdesks/blob/master/IPv6-troubleshooting-for-helpdesks.md
 for the document as it is today.

> Do you support us adding a hosted by logo, or a link to our IPv6 speedtest server?

Within limits, yes.  Text only; keeping it classy. You can see what
I've done with http://beta.test-ipv6.com/ ; you'll see what Comcast
users see when they visit the site.  I'm not hung up on the exact
wording, but do want to keep things minimal/classy.

Mirrors operating on other domains, are welcome to put in footers at
the bottom, larger logos, etc.  They get loaded and displayed one the
test is done running. You can see an example of this at
http://test-ipv6.co.za (thanks Graham!).