FYI: Spamhaus joe-job spam targeting ARIN & RIPE contacts database

Steve Linford linford at spamhaus.org
Mon May 19 16:26:46 UTC 2014

FYI only: There's a joe-job spam going round targeting what looks like a dump of ARIN and RIPE contact records so quite a few of you probably got it (we got a lot of copies ourselves). It is being sent probably by a Slavic spammer (judging by the grammar) and points to another Spamhaus joe-job posted last week to defamation site Ripoff Report by same Slavic spammer(s). The copies we got all come from MailChimp IPs and the From line is "Steve Linford <SteveLinfordsh at gmail.com>" (apparently spammer thinks I use Gmail ;-)

Regards,

  Steve Linford
  Chief Executive
  The Spamhaus Project