level3 dia egress filtering?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 13 09:02:13 UTC 2014

On Monday, May 12, 2014 11:58:20 PM Petter Bruland wrote:

> We contacted Level3 a few weeks back, and were told that
> they do not provide any filtering service. I've not been
> able to confirm this from anyone else, besides the
> Level3 customer service rep we spoke with.

We've received such requests from customers as well, and our
policy is we do not implement any kind of filtering, even
though it is restricted to just one customer.

If the customer is looking for DoS/DDoS Mitigation services,
that is something else that can be offered.

But as an ISP, filtering in the data plane that is not for
the protection of our core's control plane is not our deal.
It is not something I'd ask of my IP Transit provider, nor
support that they do.

Mark.