level3 dia egress filtering?

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:51:56 UTC 2014

I would personally look at leaving Level 3 over that kind of response.
I consider it basic service to throw a 1 line acl on an interface
temporarily in exceptional circumstances. Transit guys can argue if
they wish, but it won't change my expectations as a customer.
Eventually I'll find a carrier that will offer reasonable service.

I know it's why I kept UUnet back in the day, and dropped all my other
providers at the time. Heck ATT even blackholed our traffic with a
static null, so we were broken even after depeering for several hours
until we could find someone who knew what a route was via their
support.

-Blake