Getting pretty close to default IPv4 route maximum for 6500/7600 routers.

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu May 8 19:11:15 UTC 2014

On Thursday, May 08, 2014 05:29:08 PM Nikolay Shopik wrote:

> I know most people have problems with 2 bgp feeds and 4GB
> RAM on ASR1002-F (as it max installable memory). So I
> doubt about 2M routes with 2GB RAM.

I've never ran the ASR1002-F, but I know some other ASR1000
platforms consume half the memory just for the IOS image
upon boot.

This makes running a second instance of IOSd on boxes that
have a single RP a sure way to lead to a crash when the same
box is running BGP (happened to me once, 2nd IOSd never
again).

Mark.