BiLateral Transit Agreements?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Mar 26 15:35:30 UTC 2014

Does anyone have experience with BiLateral Transit Agreements, compared
to the same with Peering Agreements? I have 2 ISP customers that are
looking at such an agreement. While I can modify the standard BLPA
templates to support transit provisions, I was curious if anyone had
done so and what pitfalls to look for or considerations that should be
made.

Our particular case is high cost transport, so both companies are
looking at each having a Tier 1 transit and then supporting the second
through their agreement.

Jack Bates