Assistance Exporting MRTG graph data

JP froztbyte at froztbyte.net
Wed Mar 26 09:31:48 UTC 2014

On 26 Mar 2014, at 11:26 AM, Joseph M. Owino <jpmuga at tespok.co.ke> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently changed my monitoring server and would like to know how someone can export MRTG data so that there are no breaks in the graph data?

If you went between architectures (32bit and 64bit), you’ll need to `rrdtool dump`, and implement a bit of batching. Other than that, you should just be able to transfer the RRAs as is. Transfer them a couple of hundred at a time, or as fast as you can manage within the limits of your disk IOPS, and then just have it timed to run between your updates. Took me a shell 3-liner to move 15k RRAs about 2 years ago.

-J