why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Mar 26 00:17:35 UTC 2014

> Or he could just not like NSL and the fact the ISP's are required
> to abide by them.  If people want their email going through where
> it can be snooped apon that is their perogative.  Just don't force
> people to have to use I-WILL-SNOOP-ISP!!!

Who said anything about being required to use your ISP's mail server?  I
don't think I have, ever.  You need to use one with a static IP and
reasonable rDNS, which could be anywhere.

Also, if the snoops are interested enough in you to drop an NSL on your
ISP, you have worse problems than running your own mail server will solve.

Regards,