arin representation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 24 03:35:59 UTC 2014

On Mar 23, 2014, at 6:53 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> two questions:
>
>  o of the /24s in the arin region, what percentage are owned by arin
>    members?

Randy -

  Happy to generate these - two questions for clarity.

1) Should we expand /16's and /8's into the corresponding number of /24's ?
   (or do you only want those blocks issued originally as /24's to be counted)

2)  In terms of categories, we could go strictly with /24's held by ARIN members
    versus /24's held by non-members (and resulting percentages); note that would
    be predominantly ISPs since end-users assignments from ARIN are unlikely to be
    members unless they specifically opted to join. Alternatively, we could provide
    counts /24's under RSA, /24's under LRSA, and /24's legacy-no-agreement as the
    three categories of counts desired (and each percentage of the total)

    So, based on above, would you prefer the /24 space statistics as asked
    (member/non-member) or rsa/lrsa/legacy-no-agreement?

>  o of the address holders in the arin region, what percentage are arin
>    members?

  Will do.

Thanks!
/John