MACsec SFP

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:50:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof at aimvalley.nl> wrote:

> features they should have. I'll then try to build a business case to get the
> product developed. MACsec is currently on the top of my own list, but I'll
> gladly pass other ideas to my colleagues.

what would be your key management strategy for the macsec version?
given press / etc over the last 18 or so months it seems like folk
with long-haul ether framing might be very interested in macsec for
those links and NOT doing it by sticking some switch platform between
the 2 routed endpoints.

management of key material (and rolling and...) is probably
interesting for them as well.

-chris