Applications that break when not using /64

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Wed Jun 18 10:31:49 UTC 2014

On 17/06/14 23:13 , Jeroen Massar wrote:
> Thus, can you please identify these applications so that we can hammer
> on the developers of those applications and fix that problem?

I haven't done extensive testing. I have just tried to divide a /64 into
smaller subnets and to run Debian and Windows on it (as Matthew Petach
did with his FreeBSD). I think I have tried /112 or /120. Debian was
mostly fine, just one torrent or newsgroups client couldn't do v6 (can't
recall which one), with Windows it was a different story and basically
nothing really worked.

It was some time ago and I haven't tried Windows 7 SP1, maybe it has
been fixed till now. Does anyone have Windows with IPv6 and netmask > /64?

--
Grzegorz Janoszka