Carrier Grade NAT

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jul 30 15:45:21 UTC 2014

The only actual residential data I can offer is my own. I am fully dual stack and about 40% of my traffic is IPv6. I am a netflix subscriber, but also an amazon prime member.

I will say that if amazon would get off the dime and support IPv6, it would make a significant difference.

Other than amazon and my financial institutions and Kaiser, living without IPv4 wouldn't actually pose a hardship as near as I can tell from my day without v4 experiment on June 6.

I know Kaiser is working on it. Amazon apparently recently hired Yuri Rich to work on their issues. So that would leave my financial institutions.

I think we are probably less than 5 years from residential IPv4 becoming a service that carries a surcharge, if available.

Owen