Feedback Requested: Routing Resilience Manifesto

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Jul 2 17:52:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Livingood, Jason
<Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, people will notice & read a Œmanifesto¹. The industry
> has preached things like BCP38 for many years with not great progress...

Howdy,

Best practices just means you're not quite the best -- often a worthy
trade for controlling cost, particularly if your customers won't
notice. Besides, it's best -current- practices which means it'll
probably change tomorrow and you won't have to do all that hard work
after all. And if not tomorrow then surely the next day.

People will notice you streaking across a football field. They won't
pay the slightest attention to what you have to say but they sure will
notice you. Shall we organize a naked routing run?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004