Catalyst IOS refresher site?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 2 15:39:10 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Justin Wilson" <lists at mtin.net>

> If it were me I would pickup a SupIII or SupIV off ebay. They are
> pretty cheap.

In fact, my vendor is an old client, so when the 4507 turned out to have
240-only power supplies (I rent), they swapped me out for a 4006, and we
card-swapped to leave me with:

* WS-X4515 Supervisor Engine IV
* An empty slot with a cover; 2 empty slots without covers
* WS-X4248-RJ45V 48-port POE
* WS-X4232-L3 Routing Engine, with 32 10/100 plus 2 of those large optical
transceiver ports for which I have none of whatever we used to call GBICs
before they got tiny.  :-)

Holidays being what they are, I'm still digging out the bench, but I want
to say that the one time I consoled it and booted it on theirs, it said
12.5(20), or something thereabouts, before complaining it had no image to
boot from.

More fun to follow; everyone needs a New Year's resolution, right?

I mean, other than 3840x2160.

Cheers,
-- jra