Managing IOS Configuration Snippets

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:52:43 UTC 2014

For a large install I set up a solution that might help. I utilized a
Mediawiki install and its API to create, update and pull the
configuration on many IOS devices. A wiki page for the host name was
dynamically created and the configuration was placed there daily or
hourly. This allowed support to review the configuration and advise
customers quicker. Additional hacks for updating the devices via the
wiki were used. The goal was transparency for the support team and the
side effect was wiki page history showing what day and what lines
changed.  As mentioned the answer to your question would likely make a
good article.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~