iOS 7 update traffic

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 24 14:49:21 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jared Mauch" <jared at puck.nether.net>

> It went well for most users, it seems the 1-5% of people with "odd"
> configs are the problem.
[ ... ]
> IOS7 and monitored for it. Not everything will work for everyone, but
> for the majority of users it was fine. (This from surveying my
> non-geek friends).

Hmmm.  The number of unsolicited reports I saw and received -- both from
upgraders and those who didn't even know it was happening, seemed much
higher than would support that.  When you're upgrading several hundred
million devices, the error rate doesn't have to be that high...

But the things you *should* do are still a larger list than the things
you *must* do; tragedy of the commons and like that.  Apple could *easily*
have handled it better.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Cheers,
-- jra