BGP failure analysis and recommendations

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Oct 25 03:22:49 UTC 2013

--- courtneysmith at comcast.net wrote:
From: Courtney Smith <courtneysmith at comcast.net>
> From: JRC NOC <nospam-nanog at jensenresearch.com>

> Regrettably, during the outage our BGP session remained active and we
> continued receiving full routes from the affected AS.  And our prefixes
> continued to be advertised at their border. However basically none of the

Did you provider provide an official written RFO yet?

When deciding to keep or change providers after a major mistake
like this is do they send out an honest description of the mistake
and what has been done to stop it from happening again in the future.
Corporatespeak reports are grounds for dismissal!    ;-)

scott