CenturyLink IP NOC Contact for BGP Changes

Jawaid Desktop jb at forethought.net
Tue Nov 26 04:26:43 UTC 2013

Hello NANOGers,

We're a regional CLEC and I've had a BGP filter change request in to
CenturyLink for 3 days. I've had no luck trying to get this processed.

I tried calling in tonight because, you know, my expectation these days
is that every serious internet backbone company staffs a 24/7/365 NOC
capable of dealing with IP and BGP routing issues / changes. I managed
to escalate to a "TAC supervisor" who assures me that they in fact have
nobody staffed after-hours who can do this kind of work. *boggles*

I had no trouble getting the exact same request processed by XO, Cogent,
Level3, Comcast, Cogent, and TWTelecom in anywhere from minutes to a few
hours, many of them at night (you know, when it's kind of like better to
do such changes anyway).

So does anyone have the contact for a real, honest-to-god IP NOC
engineer at CenturyLink?

Or did I make a mistake assuming CenturyLink is a serious, carrier-class
player?

Thanks for any help.

Jawaid