CenturyLink IP NOC Contact for BGP Changes

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Tue Nov 26 05:46:26 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Jawaid Desktop <jb at forethought.net> said:
> We're a regional CLEC and I've had a BGP filter change request in to
> CenturyLink for 3 days. I've had no luck trying to get this
> processed.

It might help if you specify which part of CenturyLink (for example,
which AS).  CL is made up of a bunch of different, purchased, companies,
and AFAIK it is not all integrated.

For example, I worked for ISP that was connected to the old Qwest
network (AS 209) at one point, and later the old KMC network (AS 23126).
With the formerly-Qwest link, I had a login to a portal that was used to
make all change requests, and they typically went through pretty
quickly.  If there was a problem, I could open a ticket through the
portal and get a call-back in a reasonable amount of time.

The formerly-KMC link was pretty much a business hours only, send it by
email, CC your sales rep on all changes, and pester them until they do
it.  Outside of those hours, we could open tickets through the circuit
trouble line, but they didn't know what to do with the Internet (so it
just took repeated calls, nagging them until they escalated it to
somebody who at least had heard of a router before).

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>