OT: Below grade fiber interconnect points

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 15 22:15:12 UTC 2013

On 11/15/13 13:25, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> You seem to be taking this awfully personally, though, Mike; did you
> *set* the policies and procedures I'm scoffing at?

I am NOT TAKING IT PERSONALLY DAMMIT!!!

Okay, now being serious (note clever way of avoiding using emoticons
while pointing out that I _wasn't_ being serious above), I wasn't
involved in the decision process and didn't have much say in why things
were done.  If it looked like I was taking it personally, that was only
because of the bald-faced, yet hidden accusation of my being wordy,
which I categorically resemble.

Okay, now I will really be serious.  For the stuff that they did, and
still do, the CEVs _did_ (and do) work.  The user interface is a bit
more challenging that a regular building.  My understanding is that this
got us out of a lot of political battles, but I was not privy to those
conversations.  I think, however, that it may have something to do with
what Roy is going through at UM, especially as he noted that the
decision appeared to have been made at higher levels.  In this case,
management did something that's not totally wrong, IMO.

michael