Reverse DNS RFCs and Recommendations

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Wed Nov 6 14:02:49 UTC 2013

Reverse DNS for (typical) residential customer IPv6 addresses is dead,
people just haven¹t come to grips with it just yetŠ ;-)

When publicly-reachable services in home networks are created that may be
a different matter of course. But it is hard to imagine an ISP
automatically or dynamically generating reverse records for all the IPv6
addresses handed out to your average residential users.

Jason