APC In-row Units

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue May 21 14:01:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Morgan Miskell wrote:

> I realize this topic is semi off point so feel free to reply to the list
> or to me personally.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience using
> the APC In-row cooling units in their data centers.  I am specifically
> looking at the ACRD501.
>
> Do they work well?  How long have you run them?  Any maintenance issues?
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We have some APC in-row coolers in our DR site.  They've been in place for
about 3 years, and no major maintenance issues that are outside of the
norm.  I believe we feed them off of our building chilled water loop,
with a backup domestic water feed for times when the chilled water plant
has to be taken offline for maintenance.

I don't directly run our DR site, but I've never heard of any serious
performance issues.

I don't know the exact model of the coolers we're using, but I can find
out.

jms