BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Mar 28 14:51:30 UTC 2013

Yes I see now I have worded it miserably :)
What I got on my mind was an eBGP session to stub site /single homed
customer.
Now that I think about it I believe it could have been "on" by default on
all the router interfaces and would have to be turned off manually(or
automatically if mpls is enabled on the interface) for core interfaces and
interfaces facing dual-homed sites.
Anyways disabling urpf would than soon become a part of standard
interface-config templates.
So I guess no matter what tools we'd have it boils down to (and I don't want
to use a word "laziness") maybe comfortability of operators.

adam