The Making of a Router

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Thu Dec 26 19:28:58 UTC 2013

Ahh.. so you are the one who bought those two from Ebay !
I was watching, but got to them rather late.

If you are the one who got them.. you got a great deal.

These have Mikrotik ROS license with them, you can do BGP/ OSPF etc. with them
If you want to reload them with other OS, all you got to do is pull out the FlashCard, and install anything else you want.

The Core2 Duo Model with Mikrotik ROS ver 5 will handle about 1G to 1.5G of traffic with much trouble.
With ROS ver 6 .. they will do about 25-30% more.

The i5 & i7 versions will handle 3-5Gig of traffic easily... and these do support 10G SFP+ Intel nic's with ROS 6.x

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net