The Making of a Router

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Thu Dec 26 19:18:14 UTC 2013

On 12/26/13, 8:46, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
> I am a believer of not having to re-invent the wheel...
>
> Having said that.. have you looked at 'purpose built appliances'  e.g.
>
> http://www.lannerinc.com/
> http://us.axiomtek.com/
>
> If you are looking for a full router....
> Consider such as these...
>     http://www.linktechs.net/
>     http://www.maxxwave.com/

I bought two Maxxwaves with the Core2 Duo processor and it's an Axiomtek
NA-822 inside. It's a nifty platform, I'm probably going to put BIRD on
it and make some BGP RRs one of these fine days. I'm too OCD to suffer a
"server" in the routing/switching bays as the only thing with ports on
the back.

I wouldn't imagine trying to route 10 gig with it though, or sharing any
functions (like VOIP) on it.

~Seth