turning on comcast v6

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 21:15:42 UTC 2013

> Not all devices have working IPv6 stacks. OK, they’re broken, complain to the vendor and get them to fix their product or buy a working product from a different vendor.

I don't know that this is a practical option... for say some systems I
know that don't do v6 properly or at all, and which have buying cycles
on the 10yr horizon, not 2yrs/etc.

BUT... so what? you can do v4/v6 on the same LAN, right? just only use
the v4 bits for those devices?

I don't think 'eh, toss out your crap, buy new crap' is the right
message to send. 'you can cohabitate, this isn't virginia' is though.

-chris