turning on comcast v6

Cutler James R james.cutler at consultant.com
Mon Dec 9 20:51:56 UTC 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Cutler James R wrote:
>
>> My conclusion is that Apple does not yet support IPv6 in any fashion for Wireless Guest networks.
>
> Works for me on 7.7.2 on the latest hardware (802.1ac version with time capsule hdd). PD and everything.
>
> --

This is not unusual for Apple.  Apple often does not support what seem to be firmware improvements on earlier hardware.  For example, the first generation GB Ethernet Airport Extreme does not support native IPv6 from the WAN provider. Connection to Comcast IPv6 drove upgrading to the latest and greatest Airport Extreme available at that time.

This is disappointing to me as a user but good for me as an Apple stockholder

-
James R. Cutler
james.cutler at consultant.com