questions regarding prefix hijacking

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 09:13:17 UTC 2013

Ok. And such attacks have happened in the past? For example one could
do a pretty widespread damage for at least short period of time if it
announces for example some of the root DNS server prefixes(as long
prefixes as possible) to it's upstream provider and as upstream
provider probably prefers client traffic over it's peerings or
upstreams, it will prefer those routes by malicious ISP for all the
traffic to root DNS servers?

regards,
Martin