which firewall product?

Jason Pack jpack at sevone.com
Mon Aug 5 12:48:34 UTC 2013

I'm pretty sure you can do this with any modern firewall... An ASA5505 is
always a good bet.

You'd just have to route the IPIP packets to a hairpin interface on the
firewall, then create a policy that handles packets coming inbound from the
hairpin.  Policies for handling traffic with that as the source interface
would be able to filter based on layer-3 info as normal.

The trick is, as mentioned, to route the de-encapsulated traffic back into
the firewall.  A quick googling shows a related example of this for the ASA
here: http://nat0.net/cisco-asa-hairpinning/

   *Jason Pack*
Network Security Engineer - SevOne
 4550 New Linden Hill Rd, Wilmington, DE, 19808
 | p: 302-319-5400 | m: 302-464-0253 |
e: jpack at sevone.com | w: www.SevOne.com