Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] Huge attack on WordPress sites could spawn never-before-seen super botnet

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 03:16:26 UTC 2013

I don't know if it's related, but Linode sent out an email earlier
that all account passwords (for all customers) must be reset.
Apparently one of their customers was succesfully exploited, and out
of an abundance of caution, they acting as if the attackers got the
Linode password hashes.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Cody Robertson <cody at hawkhost.com> wrote:
> We're seeing heavy amounts of traffic / attacks as well - it's definitely
> not isolated to a single provider / range.
>
> There are articles from HostGator, CloudFlare, Techcrunch and several
> others.
>
> http://blog.hostgator.com/2013/04/11/global-wordpress-brute-force-flood/
> http://blog.cloudflare.com/patching-the-internet-fixing-the-wordpress-br
> http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/12/hackers-point-large-botnet-at-wordpress-sites-to-steal-admin-passwords-and-gain-server-access/
>

> On 04/12/2013 11:02 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
>>
>> FYI.  Am I the only person just hearing about this?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0