Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] Huge attack on WordPress sites could spawn never-before-seen super botnet

Cody Robertson cody at hawkhost.com
Sat Apr 13 03:11:08 UTC 2013

We're seeing heavy amounts of traffic / attacks as well - it's
definitely not isolated to a single provider / range.

There are articles from HostGator, CloudFlare, Techcrunch and several
others.

http://blog.hostgator.com/2013/04/11/global-wordpress-brute-force-flood/
http://blog.cloudflare.com/patching-the-internet-fixing-the-wordpress-br
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/12/hackers-point-large-botnet-at-wordpress-sites-to-steal-admin-passwords-and-gain-server-access/