Verizon DSL moving to CGN

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Apr 9 00:52:12 UTC 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 11:54 , Rajiv Asati (rajiva) <rajiva at cisco.com> wrote:

> Like you, I would like to be optimistic about many v4-only apps and
> v4-only devices becoming dual-stack sooner than later.
>
> But knowing that a significant (50%+) of android devices may not support
> IPv6 (just like my brand new Samsung Galaxy 7'' tablet (just bought over
> the weekend) being v4-only) and may not be upgraded by their users to the
> right software, and that Skype etc. apps are out there, my optimism fades
> away.

The upgrade problem isn't that hard to solve. As soon as users want to use
something that doesn't work without the upgrade, the upgrades get installed.

Apple does a great job of this...

Every time they release an iOS upgrade I really don't want, they manage to
also release an update to software that I do care about. That software update
inherently requires me to accept the iOS upgrade.

Owen