OpenBGPd problems relating to misuse of RESERVED bits in BGP Attribute Flags field

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Thu Nov 29 22:00:22 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-29, Jeff Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> wrote:
> I had two downstream BGP customers experience problem with an OpenBGPd bug
> tonight.  Before diving into detail, I would like to link this mailing list
> thread, because this is not a new issue and a patch is available:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg115071.html

Note that this was committed to OpenBGP on 12 August, so if you're running
a *snapshot* from after that date, you won't be affected. It made it too
late for OpenBSD 5.2 but has just been committed to the patch branch, so
building from a newly-updated source checkout tagged OPENBSD_5_2 will also
have this.

Looks like this is in 5.2.20121014 in FreeBSD ports too.

-sthen