William was raided for running a Tor exit node. Please help if you can.

Chris caldcv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:04:02 UTC 2012

I'm not William and a friend pasted a link on IRC to me. I'm going to
send him a few bucks because I know how it feels to get blindsided by
the police on one random day and your world is turned upside down.

Source: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6283/raided-for-running-a-tor-exit-accepting-donations-for-legal-expenses

>From the URL:

Yes, it happened to me now as well - Yesterday i got raided for
someone sharing child pornography over one of my Tor exits.
I'm good so far, not in jail, but all my computers and hardware have
been confiscated.
(20 computers, 100TB+ storage, My Tablets/Consoles/Phones)

If convicted i could face up to 6 years in jail, of course i do not
want that and i also want to try to set a legal base for running Tor
exit nodes in Austria or even the EU.

Sadly we have nothing like the EFF here that could help me in this
case by legal assistance, so i'm on my own and require a good lawyer.
Thus i'm accepting donations for my legal expenses which i expect to
be around 5000-10000 EUR.

If you can i would appreciate if you could donate a bit (every amount
helps, even the smallest) either by PayPal (any currency is ok):
https://paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2Q4LZNBBD7EH4

Or by Bank Transfer (EUR only please):

Holder: William Weber
Bank: EasyBank AG (Vienna, Austria)
Account: 20011351213
Bank sort number: 14200
IBAN: AT031420020011351213
BIC: EASYATW1

I will try to pay them back when i'm out of this (or even before) but
i can obviously not guarantee this, please keep this in mind.
This money will only be used for legal expenses related to this case.

If you have any questions or want to donate by another way
(MoneyBookers, Webmoney, Bitcoin, Liberty Reserve, Neteller) feel free
to send me a mail (william at william.si) or a PM, or contact me in LET
IRC.

Thanks!
William

--
--C

"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to
be when you kill them." - Sir William Clayton