Comcast Ethernet Feed

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Fri Mar 30 13:01:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Nathan Anderson <nathana at fsr.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:03 PM, Brian R. Watters <mailto:brwatters at absfoc.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Fast Ether has always been set @ auto
>
> Just in case you missed it, I would echo Brielle's earlier advice: please try forcing both laptop and the FE it's plugged into to 100/Full, auto disabled, and try your tests again.  I feel like this thread has developed an unhealthy fixation with the GE <-> Comcast segment when it's just as likely that it's working perfectly fine and the problem is between Laptop <-> FE. :-)
> For whatever reason, I have historically had very bad luck/experience with 7200 FE interfaces and auto-negotiation, FWIW.

Ditto!  Plug laptop_2 into one of the FE ports and see if you get good
speeds between the laptops.  On the 7200, show interface for each of
the FE ports, compare to what the laptops think it has.  Our 7200's
have FE ports that have to be hard coded to get full duplex.  (We no
longer have that issue since almost all 7200's have only GigE ports,
we only have one 7204 with a FE port and it's the only one that's hard
coded to duplex full).

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding