Comcast Ethernet Feed

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Fri Mar 30 05:07:15 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:03 PM, Brian R. Watters <mailto:brwatters at absfoc.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Fast Ether has always been set @ auto

Just in case you missed it, I would echo Brielle's earlier advice: please try forcing both laptop and the FE it's plugged into to 100/Full, auto disabled, and try your tests again.  I feel like this thread has developed an unhealthy fixation with the GE <-> Comcast segment when it's just as likely that it's working perfectly fine and the problem is between Laptop <-> FE. :-)

For whatever reason, I have historically had very bad luck/experience with 7200 FE interfaces and auto-negotiation, FWIW.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC
nathana at fsr.com