dell switch config export

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Mon Mar 19 03:01:40 UTC 2012

Ryan Malayter <malayter at gmail.com> wrote:

>Despite the terrible GUI and passable CLI, we're found the our 6248s to
>be
>remarkable stable and bug free. Some have been up for more than 3
>years,
>and all the things you expect to be problematic on cheap switches
>(cross-stack LACP, multicast, MSTP, QoS) work perfectly.

I would agree they are passable, but they have broken sFlow support (e.g., not supported on LAGs, though this is documented nowhere, sFlow generates invalid data when it does work, stack management is not even close to appropriate for production environments, almost any change requires a full stack reset, and stack member flash storage failures are way too common).  That said, at least they try with sFlow, just wish they would get it working.

Mark