Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:17:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:19:16 -0400, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> Nope. I have FiOS and the 5 IPs. They are 5 IPs, in sequence, at a
> completely arbitrary location in a /24 subnet.

Time Warner (TWTC, not TWC) does the same thing... we have 8 addresses
 from them... 131 - 138; it's a /24 and we get to use those 8 addresses.
[Yes, that causes problems trying to access anything else in that /24]  I
have no clue what's on the other end of that, and really don't care. (it's
more or less bridged ethernet over a T1, that's also carrying voice.)