[nanog] Re: Switch designed for mirroring tap ports

David LaPorte david_laporte at harvard.edu
Thu Mar 1 16:25:50 UTC 2012

We're doing something similar - VACLs (using the "redirect" action) with
port-channel destinations on a span aggregation 650x.  If you've got a
spare 650x chassis lying around and your configuration requirements
aren't terribly complex/dynamic, you can do monitoring with filtering
and load-balancing at high-throughput on it.