strat-1 gps

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Tue Jun 26 21:11:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 04:33:35PM -0400, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
> Word around the campfire is that the 18x is jittery compared to the 18.

	The 18x is much worse than the 18LVC.  Thankfully I still have
2 18LVCs... but that said, given the hockey puck design, and that Randy
already has an antenna, I wouldn't recommend this approach anyway.  It's
really only suitable next to a window, or in a short, wooden structure.

	Also, we've got a leap second pending, and at least the
18LVCs...do not appear to handle those gracefully.  Mine freaked out
pretty badly in 2008 and had to be reset and reconfigured.  I've also
seen them lose their configuration (which has to be reset using a Garmin
utility.)  For this reason I can't recommend running them unattended.

	Does anyone have any experience with the Veracity VTN-TN?
I don't, but it looks somewhat interesting.

	--msa