[liberationtech] Internet back in Syria

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 1 15:50:32 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from Rafal Rohozinski <r.rohozinski at psiphon.ca> -----

From: Rafal Rohozinski <r.rohozinski at psiphon.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 10:39:24 -0500
To: liberationtech Technologies <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>
Subject: [liberationtech] Internet back in Syria

Secdev detected BGP announcements from Syria as of 7:30 AM Eastern
standard time.

For our initial monitoring we look at the updates that are broadcast,
because dumps of those are available every 15 minutes.  However a more
complete status is available every two hours, which will provide
better insight into when the return of the address space was
stabilized.

How resources across the country are now reporting connectivity in a
number of cities.

Rafal

Sent by SecDev secure mobile. Please excuse typos or other oddities.

----- End forwarded message -----