172.0.0.0/12 has been Allocated

Otis L. Surratt, Jr. otis at ocosa.com
Thu Aug 23 15:26:24 UTC 2012

IMO the justifcation is probably in other areas of their business like cloud services, data center, etc.

Obvisouly, it was compelling enough to warrant ARIN's approval for allocation of the space in the last stretch of IPv4. All /16 and larger requests goes to IPv4 review team anyway.
So, again I bet it was almost all cloud/data center stuff. Unless they are launching some new kind of service or it's a market specific allocation.

Judging from the ARIN IPv4 Space Available counter actually looks like ARIN might in Phase 2 now of the countdown but I am not sure.

Otis