172.0.0.0/12 has been Allocated

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Aug 23 15:54:17 UTC 2012

On Aug 23, 2012, at 08:26 , "Otis L. Surratt, Jr." <otis at ocosa.com> wrote:

> IMO the justifcation is probably in other areas of their business like cloud services, data center, etc.
>
> Obvisouly, it was compelling enough to warrant ARIN's approval for allocation of the space in the last stretch of IPv4. All /16 and larger requests goes to IPv4 review team anyway.

Not quite...

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html

Currently we are in phase 1.

The team review you mention does not start until we reach Phase 2 (3 /8s remaining). In Phase 1, it only requires senior analyst and/or department director approval.

I'll leave speculation as to what AT&T will do with the addresses to others.

Owen