DNS caches that support partitioning ?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Aug 18 22:41:06 UTC 2012

On Aug 18, 2012, at 5:35, Raymond Dijkxhoorn <raymond at prolocation.net> wrote:

> Reverse DNS isnt the only issue here. There are many sites that give each user a subdomain. And if i look at my top talkers on some busy resolvers i do see that thats doing about 25-30% of the lookups currently.
>
> akamai.net, amazonaws.com and so on. All make nice use of DNS for this.
> Those have litterly millions of entry's in DNS also. And thats what currently is doing the load on resolvers...

Akamai has no "users".  So not really sure what you mean by that.

There are a /lot/ of hostnames on *.akamai.net.  That may have something to do with the 1000s of companies that use Akamai to deliver approximately 20% of all the traffic going down broadband modems.  Which fits nicely in your DNS lookup percentage.

--
TTFN,
patrick