US House to ITU: Hands off the Internet

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Aug 3 21:53:47 UTC 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 5:09 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 08:47:30PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
>> In this case, I believe that the message is now quite clear...
>
> 	Its just the house.... :) But I suspect Terry & delegation will take note.

Actually, I believe that the message originated with the Administration
(i.e.  NTIA, State ala Ambr Verveer and Ambr Kramer, and WH/OSTP) and
we are seeing the endorsement by the House of that proposed approach.

(For specific details, I would refer to Ambr Kramers remarks from earlier
this week at the ITIC <http://www.state.gov/e/eb/rls/rm/2012/196035.htm>)

FYi,
/John

John Curran