BGP Peers as basis of available routes

Nathanael C. Cariaga nccariaga at stluke.com.ph
Wed Oct 19 06:46:14 UTC 2011

Hi!

We're currently evaluating web hosting providers in the APAC region and
one of the criteria that we are currently considering is the
availability of routes going to the web hosting provider.

In this regard,  I would like to ask for your idea regarding this.  Is
it safe to conclude that the web hosting provider's available routes
would would depend on the peers who are advertising their AS / network?
  (i.e if web hosting provider claims that they are peering with telco
a, b, c but as seen from a third party looking glass, only C is seen
advertising the web hosting provider network that would mean web hosting
provider is effectively utilizing c as their upstream??)

Thanks.

--
-nathan