Yahoo and IPv6

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:09:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:01, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:

> On 5/9/11 5:06 AM, TJ wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I suspect many organizations will be following that
> approach.
> >
> > I hope that some will instead see this as a great opportunity for the
> last
> > step in making their public services IPv6 reachable *... and that they
> also
> > start/continue/complete taking IPv6 within their internal networks as
> well.*
>
> my ipv6 peering with yahoo came up like 8 months ago...

Sure, but peering is not the same as publicly/universally reachable
services.  I hope that World IPv6 Day raises enough awareness, and yields
enough success stories, that we make some noticeable progress in the near
future.

> I don't think there's anything particularly unfortunate about what major
> content providers are doing with ipv6, give them customers and they wil
> support them.

It is unfortunate (to me), because content providers being accessible is an
important step in breaking this chicken-egg scenario.
We need the service providers and content providers to make this "IPv6
thing" usable/relevant - and (just IMHO) the sooner the better.

/TJ