ARIN and the RPKI (was Re: AltDB?)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jan 6 05:24:01 UTC 2011

> I think ACLs here means prefix-lists ... or I hope that's what Randy
> meant?

sorry.  yes, irr based prefix lists.  and, sad to say, data which have
sucked for 15+ years.  i was the poster child for the irr, and it just
never took off.

[ irr data are pretty bad except for some islands where there is culture
  of maintining them.  and, as it is a global internet, islands don't
  help much.  europe and japan are two islands with better than the
  average irr data quality.  and they have rpki rolling to varied
  degrees. ]

randy