SmartNet Alternatives

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Feb 25 20:35:27 UTC 2011

> At least for the FCX line we were told when trying to open a support
> case that the limited lifetime warranty only applies to hardware and
> does not make you eligible for any kind of support or software beyond
> getting hardware replaced.

Yeah, you need to buy "phone support" if you want that.  It is the lowest level of support and still pretty inexpensive compared to other vendors.  In other words, 5 years of free hardware support and 5 years of Remote "phone" support (under $300/year I think) isn't bad when compared to annual support costs for other gear in that class.